Dual Career Services in Austria
The "Dual Career (DC) Service" supports partners and families of international key employees who are moving to Austria to pursue a professional career at a university or research organisation in Austria. Assistance is provided in particular in the area of job search for the partner. For detailed information on Dual Career Service please refer to the persons in charge at your institution.
There are several regional DC Service networks and special services for partners at Austrian universities and research institutions available:
- Five Styrian and one Carinthian universities have set up the common network DC Service Styria - Carinthia to create synergies for optimal use.
- DC Service Vienna - Lower Austria - Upper Austria supports dual career couples in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria.
- The main purpose of the DC Service Support of the WWTF is the networking of member organisations from the research and scientific domain in the greater area of Vienna to improve the support for dual career couples. The target group for counselling are the partners of recent (or ongoing) senior research staff appointments of member organisations. This service takes place in close coordination with the DC Service Vienna - Lower Austria - Upper Austria.
- The three universities in the middle and western provinces of Austria established the DC Service Network Upper Austria - Salzburg - Tyrol (DC OOE-S-T) in 2017. The network is informal without a separate organizational structure, flexible in its approaches, fast in reacting to requests and open for new members (currently 6 members) who need to sign a letter of intent specifying the rights and duties of membership. Further information: University of Innsbruck | Johannes Kepler University Linz | University of Salzburg
- IST (Institute for Science and Technology) Austria offers individualized job search information and assistance to spouses and partners of newly appointed scientists and employees.
AN ANALYSIS OF DUAL CAREER AND INTEGRATION SERVICES
Euraxess Austria was partner in the EU project EURAXESS TOP III "Making European research careers more attractive by developing new services and enhancing the current services of the EURAXESS network", Task "Career Management: The experienced researcher” (2015-2018, Gr No: 665934), funded by the EC under the Horizon 2020 programme under the task lead of the University of Copenhagen (UCPH).
The information gathered in a report has been submitted by a Dual Career and Integration Services Expert Group, encompassing of representatives from European institutions and universities from six countries: Austria, Germany, Denmark, The Netherlands, Norway and Switzerland.
The goal of this report is to analyse and map the landscape of DCIS in the six countries as well as exchange knowledge of best practice examples in order to develop and improve the services based on the needs of each institution. The final outcome of the report presents the expert group’s findings, as well as recommendations bearing in mind the national and local context.
> Here you can download the report.
For any further information please contact: Maria Unger, OeAD, firstname.lastname@example.org.
FURTHER USEFUL LINKS
Hier gibt es einen Überblick über die kommenden Jobmessen und Karriereveranstaltungen der einzelnen österreichischen Career Center.
Mentoring für Migrant/innen
Ziel des Programms ist die Unterstützung der Arbeitsmarkteingliederung von qualifizierten Personen mit Migrationshintergrund und gleichzeitig die Förderung der Internationalisierung der österreichischen Betriebe.
Kompetenzatlas der FHWien der WKW
Der interaktive Kompetenzatlas ist eine Lehr- und Lernunterlage zur Vermittlung von Managementkompetenzen.
MYSKILLS - Berufliche Kompetenzen erkennen
Im Berufsleben spielen Fachkenntnisse, Fertigkeiten, Vorerfahrungen und Kompetenzen eine wichtige Rolle. Der computergestützte Test MYSKILLS der Bundesagentur für Arbeit (BA), der in Kooperation mit der Bertelsmann Stiftung entwickelt wurde, hilft dabei, berufliches Handlungswissen sichtbar zu machen.