Piloting EURAXESS talent hubs to support researchers’ careers
EURAXESS Hubs will mobilise a critical mass of both experienced and less experienced EURAXESS Bridgehead Organisations, at tailored levels of involvement, to launch three pilot EURAXESS hubs and then share their experience with the network. EURAXESS hubs will be integrated digital platforms for thematic, cross-border, competence-based collaboration of EURAXESS Centres (ESCs) and other stakeholders, such as multiplier and enabler organisations outside of the EURAXESS network, in engaging and providing services to researchers, research organisations and other ESCs.
The key objectives of each EURAXESS Hub are:
- Develop a specific toolkit for implementing each EURAXESS hub – to create more effective signposting and personalized assistance within EURAXESS centres
- Building cross-border partnerships of participants involved in EURAXESS hubs to implement each toolkit in a pilot
- Demonstrate the benefits and opportunities offered by cross-country EURAXESS hubs with outreach and dissemination activities
Pilot hubs will be implemented and validated in three thematic areas:
• Talent management in academia and the public sector
• Researcher careers beyond academia
• Scientific startup entrepreneurship
During the implementation, the hubs will actively engage with the targeted stakeholders; will roll out pilot services that are scaled to the operation of the hub and are based on already available tools and expertise; finally, as a result, will produce digital toolkits, each toolkit showcasing the respective hub’s area of operation and enabling the adoption of the hub based service model by further ESCs.
The hub activities and results will be widely disseminated, with the prospect of the established cross-border hubs remaining operational beyond the project lifetime. The produced digital toolkits will be meant for use by any ESCs that is interested in implementing this novel service provision architecture, either by joining existing hubs or forming additional ones after the project’s end.
Duration: Sep 1, 2021 – Aug 31, 2022
Coordination: Bay Zoltan, Hungary | Consortium of 30 partner countries (Austria is represented by the OeAD)
The OeAD is involved within WP2 “Novel skills – talent management hub for assisting researchers within academia and the public sector”, task 2.3 “Gender overview, learning and sharing”.
- The EURAXESS Hub on talent gives the opportunity to get a structured and balanced overview on relevant gender policy, specific gender funding opportunities and good practices for young researchers, policy makers and ESCs.
- Focus group interviews will get young researchers’ input on gender, its impact, and the connection between practice and gender policy.
- A gender seminar will share experiences, disseminate information, and reach out to young researchers and policy makers to connect gender policy to practice.