ORGANISATION/COMPANYmdw - University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna
RESEARCH FIELDArts › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/11/2020 09:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2022
- Teaching and research in the field of musicology represented by the Department of Musicology and Performance Studies
- Teaching in the subject analysis in the fields of composition and music theory, conducting and in Tonmeister Education
- Participation in the research agendas of the department and mdw
- Development, participation and implementation of (third-party funded) research projects
- Participation in organizational, administrative and committee tasks as well as in evaluation measures in the context of the mdw and the Department of Musicology and Performance Studies
Gross salary, according to the collective agreement, amounts to € 5,245.60 per month (14 salaries per year). A possible higher salary, depending on qualifications and previous experience, is subject to appointment negotiations.
Applications must be submitted in electronic form via the mdw application portal https://www.mdw.ac.at/bewerbungsportal. All application material should be sent in PDF format.
The University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna is committed to the equal treatment of all qualified applicants regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, world-view, age, or disability.
The University is particularly interested in increasing the percentage of women working in the artistic, scientific and general university personnel ranks. It therefore expressly encourages qualified women to apply.
It should be specifically mentioned, however, that applicants who are invited to the audition will not receive remuneration from the university for incurred travel and hotel expenses.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESGERMAN: Excellent
- Familiarity with current music and cultural studies research discourses
- Competencies in inter- and transdisciplinary cooperation
- Experience in the conception, acquisition and implementation of research projects and in research organization
- Experience in academic self-administration
- Relevant experience in the supervision of scientific theses at all curricular levels
- solid competence in scientific English (lectures, teaching, publications)
- a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies and a scientific doctorate in musicology or music theory
- excellent scientific qualification for the subject to be filled, proven by habilitation or correspondingly broad international lecture and publication activities
- Proof of a methodically reflected analytical examination of a broad historical spectrum of music
- extensive academic teaching experience
EURAXESS offer ID: 561880
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.