ORGANISATION/COMPANYAustrian Academy of Sciences, The Institute for Habsburg and Balkan Studies (IHB)
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Database managementHistoryLanguage sciences › Linguistics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/12/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Job ID: IHB103PD220
The Institute for Habsburg and Balkan Studies (IHB), Research Unit Balkan Studies, of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria’s leading non-university research and science institution, is offering a
Postdoc Position (f*m)
(full-time, 40h per week)
within the frame of the FWF project "The Linguistic History of the Place-names of Albania" P 33706-G. This position is offered for a limited period of 48 months / 4 years. Starting date will be February 1, 2021.
• Contribution to the creating of a digitized lexicon of the place-names of Albania
• Analyzing the linguistic history of the place-names of Slavic origin of Albania
• Contribution to the printed manual on the linguistic history of the place-names of Albania
• Collaboration in the organization of the project
• Active participation in workshops and conferences
• PhD degree in Historical Linguistics (focus on Slavic languages) or PhD in Slavic Linguistics (focus on South Slavic languages)
- General interest in toponymy
• General interest in the (linguistic) history of the Balkans
• Profound knowledge of German and English and of the South Slavic languages (knowledge of the linguistic history of Albanian will be acquired during the runtime of the project)
• Good knowledge of working with databases and digital technologies
We offer an interesting and versatile job in a pioneer research project dealing with fundamental questions of the historical toponymy of Albania. Our offer aims at communicative personalities with a confidence appearance who understand how to portray complex connections clear and understandably and find joy in self-reliant work.
We offer an annual gross salary of € 54.453,00 according to the salary scheme of the Austrian Sciences Fund (FWF).
Applications with personal and scientific data and a compact statement about scientific interests and achievements should be sent via e-mail in one PDF-file to Joachim.Matzinger@oeaw.ac.at (mentioning Job ID: IHB103PD220) no later than December 20, 2020.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. The OeAW lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
EURAXESS offer ID: 560785
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.