ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Innsbruck
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Botany
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE07/11/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Innsbruck
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
- for 4 years
Applications are invited for a Postdoc position within the "Plant Biochemistry and Metabolism" Group of the University of Innsbruck, initially for 4 years, with possibility of extension. The jobholder will help co-ordinate a biochemically-orientated lab in the field of plant sciences; he or she will carry out high level research, teach independently, supervise students and carry out administrative tasks. The jobholder will be expected to acquire external funding, collaborate internally and internationally and contribute to the departmental publication output. He or she will contribute to teaching the curricula offered by the Faculty of Biology (Bachelor's Degree Program in Biology and Master's Program in Botany) and to the supervision of Bachelor and Master students.
- Research (60%): Conducting complex biochemical analyses with UHPLC-MS/MS (targeted analyses of plant metabolites) and GC-MS/MS (metabolomics); Independent research and participation in internal and international research projects in the field of plant physiology and plant biochemistry, with responsibility for publishing.
- Teaching (25%): Teaching according to the curricula of the Faculty of Biology (Bachelor's Programme "Biology" and Master's Programme "Botany", mainly in the research area of plant physiology), and supervision of BSc and MSc research projects (in the jobholder's field of expertise acquired through their doctoral thesis) and co-supervision of PhD projects
- Administration (15%): Contributing to administrative tasks at the Department and Faculty level, including management of research projects
- PhD in Biology, Chemistry or converging sciences
- Sound knowledge of and practical experience with LC-MS/MS and / or GC-MS/MS are essential; experience with tandem mass spectrometry in combination with an optional ion trap is desired, experience with analysing and interpreting -omics data is desired
- Publications in international, peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Good knowledge in the field of plant sciences (plant physiology, biochemistry) is desired
- Good English skills are essential
- Proficiency to teach courses in German within a year
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving skills
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified women. This applies in particular to scientific positions. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the disabled confidant Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.
What the University of Innsbruck offers:
From a company pension scheme, to flexible working hours and child care facilities the University of Innsbruck offers its employees a wide range of benefits which is being continuously extended.
Along with interesting oppurtunities for the participation in job-related and personal further education courses, and the succesful compatibility of career and family, employees can benefit from a large range of courses offered by the University Sports Institute (USI), the language courses offered by the ISI, the University Library and take advantage of the various canteens offering reasonably priced food.
A summary of the benefits for University employees can be found here: http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/
The University of Innsbruck as employer
Are you looking for a new challenge? The University of Innsbruck is a place of study, research and employment for more than 31.000 people. As one of the largest employers in Tyrol the University offers a varied and exciting field of activity for its employees from very diverse educational and professional backgrounds. The University explicitly welcomes diversity and is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. It is a certified family-friendly workplace and received the award 'Top workplace 2018' from the Austrian business magazine 'trend'.
At the University of Innsbruck researchers from all over the world come together. Depending on the individual scientific community the language used may be German, English or another (if unanimously decided).
Internal communication is in German. Therefore a basic knowledge of German or the willingness to acquire such knowledge is essential.
EURAXESS offer ID: 456775
Posting organisation offer ID: BIO-10885
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.